Friday 6 February 2009

Noticed in the Press

We have a small Notice in Hastings Observer today, in the "More News from the Clubs", page 23. This is the result of a Press Release that I sent them (by post and by email). The letter I also sent has not been published, but there is only one page of letters and four of "Hastings under snow".

Alongside the Notice however is a long acount of the "Carlyon Paranormal Research Group". Kevin Carlyon, the local "White Witch", had a full centre page spread of 'Horrorscopes' in last weeks Observer. In my letter I wrote: "... it is surely contrary to Advertising Standards for Mr Carlyon to be able to claim that 'if anything negative comes up I can fix that through my practise of Earth Magic'. Is he claiming he can fix anything negative at all? (How about the credit crunch for a start?) Or does he just mean that he will change his predictions if we don't like them? In the 21st century it is surely time for newspapers to stop endorsing this superstitious nonsense."

No comments:

Post a Comment